Image Map

Fast and Easy Centers with Clothes Pins

Hi everyone! This is Shelley Gray from Teaching in the Early Years. A couple of weeks ago I was reading a blog post on I Can Teach My Child in which the author created an uppercase/lowercase matching activity using clothes pins. I thought this was genius, and began thinking of all the other ways that clothes pins could be used to create engaging, hands-on center activities.

There are SO many ways that you could use this. I immediately thought of this activity, in which students can match the addition or subtraction equation on the clothes pin to the sum/difference on the paper (by the way, you can download this activity for free by clicking on any of the pictures below!)




Can't seem to get this next picture to rotate...sorry!



There are many, many math concepts that this could be used for, but some ideas for other subject areas are:
  • matching synonyms or antonyms
  • matching capital cities to the state/province
  • matching foods to the appropriate food group
  • matching words to the appropriate part of speech (noun, adjective, verb)
So there you have it! Stock up on clothes pins and get creating! And don't forget to download the free "Equations to 24 Math Center" by visiting my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Thanks Shelley for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ATeacherAndABlog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, can't wait to try it with multiplication facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! I love this idea...but when I download it from TPT the images in the file are corrupted. anyone else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lpkitten: That probably means that your Adobe Reader is not up to date.

    Here is the quote from the FAQ section of TpT:

    "The PDF I downloaded is showing black smudges, what do I do?

    You just need to update your Adobe Reader. If you are on a Mac, do not open with Preview. It will not work. Download the most updated version of Adobe Reader and open the PDF with it (and not Preview)."

    Let me know if this helps! Thanks so much for your interest. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, but it is not downloading for me. Could you email it to me?! Please!

    tasharachelle@gmail.com

    Thanks!!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natasha, I will email it to you. You may have the same issue as the person above if your Adobe Reader needs to be updated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My class really needs this. Thanks for kicking up my imagination.

    ReplyDelete